Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Write

Why do I write?

Dana Bate - The Vagabond
*****************************
Hello Mark
*****************************
I write to stay sane in an insane world.
I write to love in a hateful world.
I write for my life in a deadly world.
I write to find peace in a cruel world.
I write for joy in a sorry world.
I write to think in a thoughtless world.
I write to be safe in a dangerous world.
I write to chase phantoms from my brain.
I write to squeeze passion from my heart.
I write to forget the malignant smile.
I write to save the suffering child.
I write to revise the pain I feel.
I write to seize my old age with strength.
I write for light in a gloomy world.
I write to creep away from lies.
I write to remember the never again.
I write to clear the table before me.
I write to sting the vipers.
I write to avoid the ignorant.
I write to see the mountain top.
I write to decorate my solitude.
I write for truth in a dishonest world.
I write to understand my words.
I write to beautify my friends.
I write to calm the raging in my soul.
I write to scream at heaven.
I write to find my place.
I write to lose my stupidity.
I write to try to forgive myself.
I write to banish treachery from my sight.
I write to signal angels.
I write to silently weep.
I write for rightness in a wronged world.
I write for freedom in a world of slavery.
I write to mourn my life of trouble.
I write for goodness in an evil world.
I write for the death of evil.
I write to pray for bliss.
I write to ask for help.

DB - Vagabond Journeys
Never Give Up

5 comments:

Geo. said...

A moving post, DB. Writing, like all coherent thinking, can be a pretty lonely business in this world but it has its rewards. Thanks for reminding us of them.

Jason said...

In 1901, the introduction of a flexible light Louis Vuitton bag, a pioneer in more tard. Louis Vuitton bag has also insisted on continuous innovation, fashionabc.net sell Louis Vuitton handbag revolutionize the concept of people, while soft canvas addictive.

Jon said...

You've given a whole new perspective on reasons for writing.
I write to vent my frustrations, instead of using a submachine gun......

Valerie said...

That was beautiful...

Jason said...

In 1901, the introduction of a flexible light Louis Vuitton bag, a pioneer in more tard. Louis Vuitton bag has also insisted on continuous innovation, fashionabc.net sell Louis Vuitton handbag revolutionize the concept of people, while soft canvas addictive.