Thursday, March 31, 2011

Are You Out There?

If we were to find totally alien creatures who reason as well as we do then we would have to conclude that it is not reason that makes us human.

Bate
*************************
Hello Barrow, Alaska. May you soon have some warm days.
************************
Let us set aside for now the discussion of whether there is a Sasquatch or not and take up the argument about UFOs. Are there UFOs? Of course there are. A UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object. If you see it flying and you can't identify it it's a UFO, whether it's a Frisbee, a kite, a bird, a weather balloon, a fancy new piece of aircraft the military has come up with or a visitor from outer space.

Now I don't intend to treat any humorous topic seriously and I don't intend to treat any serious topic humorously (well, al right, yes I do).

There have been too many sightings, photographs and videos that haven't been explained not to be certain that such things do not exist as the "flying saucer" and not the one thrown by an angry housewife. There have also been a lot of stories of encounters, beginning with Betty and Barney Hill in 1961. There are two interesting details about that experience. One is that under hypnosis their accounts agreed with each other. Also, the Hills lived in New Hampshire. The incident happened in the White Mountains, where I used to live. I knew an artist up there. When the Hills came to visit him he asked them to describe the way the space creatures looked. He drew what they were describing and when he showed it to them they became quite upset. That picture has never been shown to anyone else and yet it resembles all the other pictures of the space aliens that have been made since.

There are a number of serious scientists investigating the UFO phenomena, some with the hypothesis that they don't exist and others that they do. They are all set out to prove their various theories. To date no one has been able to prove either side of the issue.

And now the question has arisen that if they are visiting us from Zeta Reticuli, or some other place, what do they want? One theory is, perhaps because we've only just discovered it ourselves, they want our DNA. Well, maybe, but I personally think that's as absurd an idea as saying they want our recipe for chicken soup.

That theory is partly based on the observation that they don't seem belligerent toward us. If they are so advanced scientifically they could probably do away with us in a moment, unless one wants to believe they are responsible for brewing up all the hurricanes, tornados, earthquakes and tsunamis, in which case they are playing a very nasty game and they're a bunch of bullies.

It's clear that no nation on this planet is strong enough to do battle with them if it came to that. We cold never blow any one of those UFOs out of the water (sorry, skies).

So what's left? Negotiation? Very difficult since they don't sit still long enough. Besides, who wants to negotiate with a bunch of shrimpy, bug eyed, skin heads?

I would truly like to meet one someday. I'd give him a beer, play him some Mozart or rock and get to know the guy.

YOU HEAR THAT, YOU, OUT THERE? COME VISIT ME. I WON'T LET THE NIGHBORS SHOOT YOU. I PROMISE.

DB - The Vagabond
*********************

SPRING QUESTION
(This is not a contest)

NASA has planned to send a two man mission on an 18 month trip to the planet Mars. It would take 6 months for the astronauts to get there and after 6 months of exploration another 6 months to return.

Should they do it and why, and if not, why not?

dbdacoba@aol.com

4 answers so far

I eagerly await your answer.

DB
******************

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Yeah, go visit Dana over in New York. Let me know if you get that visit. I don't want it. Although I do want to know if you ever do get the visit. Let me know!! LOL It would be a great story to tell! I personally think that aliens aren't visiting us (if they exist and they are advanced enough to visit earth) because they have better things to do. Happy day, DB!

natalie said...

hi there! I found you at my dear friends' blog Cathy!
Do you believe that there are aliens? Oh and btw did not NaSA run out of funds? I think that the scientific odds are high that there could be some intelligent beings out there..
Please come and visit my blog! I need diverse thoughts and comments!
natalie
Lurkynat

pacifica62 said...

You just let those aliens go and visit you db. I would be happy if they stayed way over on your coast. As I go through life some days, I sometimes think those aliens are everywhere and in my way as I commute and try to get around in the big city. But perhaps I am thinking of wierdos and not aliens !!!
Happy UFO party!