Saturday, January 17, 2009

Victorious Voices 1/17/09

Victorious Voices
Everything has its own song.

Josef von Eichendorff

########################
I hear the music of creation.

I hear the sounds of nature.

I hear the songs of life.

I hear the vigorously loud and the beautifully silent.

I hear the rolling tympani of thunder, the cymbal crash of lightening, the snare drum of rain on the window and the sweet celesta of falling snow upon my cheek.

I hear the adagio of the drifting clouds, the harp notes of sunshine and the oboe song of the moon.

I hear the trumpet calls from the mountain tops, the trombones in the forest and the gentle horn upon the surface of the lake.

I hear the flute tones of the humble pebbles on the beach, the whisper of the sand and the parade of marching bands as the tides come in.

I hear the choir of autumn colors, the sopranos in their nests in spring,

I hear the largo of the growing flowers and the presto of the squirrels.

I hear the siren song of stars and the humming along the garden path.

I hear the bubbling madrigal of children on their way to school.

I hear the opera of the busy city streets.

I hear the strings that sing of love and friendship, of hope and faith.

I hear the sounds of nature.

I hear the music of creation.

I hear the symphony of life.

"And all the trees of the field shall clap their hands."
Isaiah 55:12


DB Vagabond Journeys
------------------------------------------------


WINTER QUIZ
This is not a contest.

What one person, living or not, would you most like to have dinner with?
What is the first question you would ask them?

You have the winter to answer. Please leave your response on my email or journal with your name, or journal title or email address. Thank you.

7 responses so far.

dbdacoba@aol.com

http://vagabondjourneys.blogspot.com/

http://wingstoart.livejournal.com/

http://db-vagabondtales.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

Kathy said...

I LOVE the verse. It's beautiful. Your question is very interesting. I will have to think about it for a bit before I answer. Thanks for posing it.


Kathy

Rose~* said...

Really enjoyed the verse, DB. Makes me want to dance, for some strange reason. I already know the famous person that I would like to have dinner with, but I would rather dance with him, than ask a question. Does that count? (the person would be Robert Redford)

Ken Riches said...

I hear the wind chimes of the frozen tundra :o)

Linda's World said...

Beautiful post....I can hear it all. Linda in cold & foggy Washington

betty said...

I'm so glad for ears to hear!! all wonderful things to be able to enjoy the sounds of for sure :)

(of course I'll come and visit you and leave comments DB, it just might not be every day or every other day but as often as I can :)

betty

Beth said...

You know I love this. :)

Hugs, Beth

Sage Ravenwood said...

The heartbeat of life...may we always hear it. (Hugs)Indigo

Leigh/BlueDragonfly said...

DB, this is just beautiful and only with the desire to listen(italicize this) can we hear.

:) Leigh

How I See It said...

I hear the song of friendship and indulge in its warmth.

Janice said...

Isaah was an intelligent and gentle man, as you are for posting this.

Breezy said...

BEAUTIFUL!!

This makes me want to stop and really listen to all that is around me. I know I don't take the time to really do that.

Maria said...

On the winter quiz..I think I woul dlike to have dinner with Keanu Reeves...because I just love the sound of his voice...:) Maria