Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weekend Puzzle - Answer

WEEKEND PUZZLE

Since you all pooped out on me last week I'll make it easy on you this weekend. But next weekend, watch out.

The laurel wreath for the winner of this weeks contest goes upon the head of
Just Plain Bill, from the Blogspot Tigers.

Second place goes to Salemslot9 (Tiger)
Third place to Preciousone77 (Tiger)

The Email (Cowardly) Lions never showed up at the starting line.

The answer:
INSOLENCE BREEDS THE TYRANT, INSOLENCE IF IT IS GLUTTED
SWFLXJWUJ NOJJBF EIJ EPOGWE, SWLFXJWUJ SR SE SF ZXHEEJB
WITH A SURFEIT, UNSEASONABLE, UNPROFITABLE, CLIMBS TO THE
VSEI G FHORJSE, HWFJGFLWGNXJ, HWAOLRSEGNXJ, UXSKNF EL EIJ
ROOF-TOP AND PLUNGES SHEER DOWN TO THE RUIN THAT MUST BE.
OLLR-ELA GWB AXHWZJF FIJJO BLVW EL EIJ OHSW EIGE KHFE NJ.

SOPHOCLES
FLAILUXJF

Thank you. D

4 comments:

Inday said...

Oh I got a migraine! Can't work this out.

Linda S. Socha said...

Hey DB. I am so not good at these things...I am ok about that:>)
Linda

Joann said...

WOO HOO!!! That was FUN!!! And I finally got to the puzzle before you were ready to give the answer out!!!

Thanks, DB!!

Janice said...

You know how, when there's a race on an oval track, and the last person is so far behind she thinks she's in first place...well, that was me in this puzzle. I was so far off it was laughable, but I did manage to get a quote...won't share what it was though LOL.