Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It's High Tide Again

To myself I am only a child playing on the beach, while vast oceans of truth lie undiscovered before me.

Isaac Newton
*****************
Hello Marty
*******************
It matters very little where the vast oceans are. It is a state of quiet satisfaction to me to know that I am not the same person today that I was yesterday nor will I be the same person tomorrow. How can that be? After having stared at life "through a glass darkly" I have discovered something which is virtually inconceivable to me today, but will be part of my certain knowledge tomorrow or the next day, or the next.

I am finding myself indissolubly linked to the four corners of the earth and the universe. The glass though which I look darkly is a window and a mirror. Is the truth I seek in the vast oceans around me? Are those vast oceans already in myself? Am I so connected to the vast oceans that we coexist? Or am I and the vast oceans the same thing, the true phenomenon of reality? I think all of those questions are answered by "YES."

The great adventure of life is to accept the changing nature of ourselves and the progressive movement of our lives. The frightening part is to think what may be discovered in the dark depths of the sea. But the gradual realization of what it is and that I put it there myself gives me the courage to haul it up onto the beach and understand it.

Although I live alone I am not alone. I tread the beaches that others of fame and obscurity have marked with their feet, and occasionally I meet one of them on our mutual journey. And, if we wish, we can stop and share the joy and knowledge of our findings in the vastness. And in sharing we are one. And when we part we are both changed.

The ebb and flow of mentality is comforting to me. The truth must retreat in order to resurge. When the tide comes in it brings me more of itself and wakes up some mystery from the deep. I am secure in knowing it will happen because it always has, even if for years I didn't notice it.

It is at those holy times when I embrace the vastness of the unknown and am embraced by the ocean as I embrace myself.

I look forward to the spinning of the earth, from light to dark to light again. I look forward to the moonlight, the soft whisper of retiring waves and the thunder and crash of the high tide when a new idea. a greater understanding, comes rolling onto the beach with a giant "YES."

DB - Vagabond Journeys
Never give up.
****************************

AUTUMN QUESTION

What event over the past year changed your life, a lot or a little?

3 answers so far.

dbdacoba@aol.com

I await your answers.
DB
********************

1 comment:

Ken Riches said...

Newton's quote, a good life motto.