Saturday, November 1, 2008

Nice Nonentities 11/01/08

A part of us needs the occasional moment of solitude
as a plant needs water.

Anna Neagle

**********************


I hope you all had a pleasant Halloween . I had a delightful one. I went out and frightened as many children as I could. Just kidding.

I spent 2 1/2 hours in my friend's shop in the middle of town where, dressed as a fairy, she welcomed over a hundred sweet, cherubic ghosts, goblins, pirates and ballerinas during the afternoon. It was great. I haven't had such a fun Halloween since I left New York.


Now, all you Brian and Christine fans, I need a break. I've been at it for 23 days in a row. So I'm taking the weekend off. But don't go away, they'll be back in Buffalo Gap with Father Portera and a whole lot of new characters: Frank, Dr. Bite, Bridget, Peter and others and you'll find out that Brian's foot is....

Well, I'll tell you all about it when I resume in November.

DB

7 comments:

Dannelle said...

So Brians foot really isn't his. It belongs to the wolf and the wolf wants it back...too much Halloween! Looking forward to new adventures. Happy November, this is going to be a good month! Dannelle

Ken Riches said...

Glad you had a fun Halloween. Did you dress up a little?

Have a restful weekend, and Happy November.

Sage Ravenwood said...

Delighted to hear your All Hallows Eve was a grand one. (Hugs)Indigo

Beth said...

I'm glad to hear you had such a fun evening! I cracked up over you scaring as many kids as possible. Ha ha!

Take as much time as you need from Brian and Christy, although it sounds like you've already got plenty of ideas percolating. Dr Bite? I'm intrigued already.

I love the quote, but find that I need more than the "occasional" moment of solitude!

Love, Beth

Dawn said...

I can understand why you need a break! Great story... but take all the time you need! Glad you had a fun Halloween! We did, too!

be well...

Joyce said...

I'm so glad you had a good time for Halloween. The kids are what it's all about and they are so much fun when they visit in their little costumes...some store bought, some homemade and some downright scary. lol.
Anticipating another Brian story soon.
Hugs, Joyce

Joann said...

I'm glad you had a nice halloween, hope you didn't scare TOO MANY kids. LOL!!! I have NOT been able to read the stories, have not been around as much as I'd like to lately.

Joann