Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Standing Firm

Peace hath higher tests of manhood than battle ever knew.

John Whittier
**************************
Hello Ally
************************
Back in mid October I predicted the curfews and the tear gas, the arrests of the occupiers, the cracking down on the protesters by the police and local governments. Where there is brutality it means the authorities are scared. Now I am loath to say this but I wonder when the first occupier will be killed and where it will happen.

ODE TO THE OCCUPIERS

A glorious day is dawning,
And o'er the waking earth
The heralds of the morning
Are springing into birth.
In dark and hidden places
There shines the blessed light;
The beam of truth displaces
The darkness of the night.

The advocates of error
Foresee the glorious morn
And hear in shrinking terror
The watchword of reform:
It rings from hill and valley,
It breaks oppression's chain.
A thousand freemen rally,
And swell the mighty strain.
(Unknown)

NEVER GIVE UP

DB - Vagabond Journeys
***************************

2 comments:

Dannelle said...

When I feel like I want to give up I shall think DB says: "Never give up!"
and I shall prevail!

pacifica62 said...

Quite a dire prediction and I hope it never comes to be. Rather than trying to incite violence I think it is so important that politicians, business people and decision makers should be in dialogue with the Occupiers. It almost seems like nobody cares about their message, only that they do not inconvenience anyone while doing it. In this pre-election year it is so important for people to speak out and to question the government and they have every right to do so. I hope that more and more people join the Occupiers and ask for accountability from their leaders and would be leaders. Let the revolution begin.