Thursday, October 2, 2008

Justified Jump

People lose people.
We lose things in our life as we're constantly growing and changing.
That's what life is is change, and a lot of that is loss.
It's what you gain from that loss that makes life.

Thomas Jane

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Right. Now we're told we have to pick up and split the scene.
The Sheriff has given us until the end of the month to round up our livestock, shut down the still, board up the old shack, pack our bags, hit the road and find somewhere else to sell our snake oil.
Well we've been AOLed long enough I guess. I personally have been a vagabond all my life so it doesn't splinter my nerves to move again. Some folks will drop off along the way and be lost. I know that's true. It's not the first time that's happened in my life. I wish them well, bon chance, and all of that. until we meet again or we don't.
Like most of you I'm crossing the Red Sea into Goo Goo Land. In fact I've already pitched a tent over there/here and am open for business. You will find me at:
http://vagabondjourneys.blogspot.com/
If I leave you a comment it will come from "housetohalf." Don't be alarmed, that was my original Google title. It's a theatre term signifying that the show is about to start.
For you emailists there will be no change at all since my pigeons are still delivering my mail.
Some of you have been Jlanders for a long time, much longer than I have and I know this uprooting is probably very stressful. And the landscape over there/here is different and will take some getting used to. But think of it as an adventure. New things to discover and maybe new people to meet.
Moving is a difficult thing and usually much more complicated than one thinks it's going to be. I know some of you are concerned about salvaging all the journalism of the past. I am also, obviously, although compared with most of you I'm a newcomer.
Even though my AOL journal has been open for several years it has only been active since February when the Washington State Linda, bless her, found me and started spreading the word. Then I got a comment on my journal from Bethe and I was so startled I said "Who are you?" Since then I've written a lot of entries and made a lot of friends. I don't want to lose any, but I know it's inevitable.
I was IMing someone today who was concerned about possibly having to go through her entire journal to save things. That's a huge job, but I suggested that maybe she would find things that she would just as soon get rid of. I know I would, to discard the things but keep the lessons.
Well, I will keep making entries in the AOL journal until the cows come home and I understand they're due in at the end of the month. But those of you who are forced to move, I sincerely hope I meet up with you all again across the river.
To those on my email list, it's business as usual.
DB - The Vagabond

7 comments:

Joyce said...

I'm so pleased that you made the move DB. I would have missed you terribly. I don't think this is going to be as bad as first anticipated. Life goes on - and changes.
Hugs, Joyce

Beth said...

So glad you're here. Sometimes uncharted territory is more adventure than misadventure. I'm opting for the former!

Love, Beth

Leigh/BlueDragonfly said...

I'll be going through my original journals to "clean house" when I manually save entries. I only have a year's worth though. :) I think I'm saving all of "Walking" as it's so new.
Anyways-Welcome again!
:) Leigh

betty said...

I like your new journal,DB; I am not sure I'm still going to be journaling a lot other than my devotional journal; I'll stop in and see you when I can; take care of yourself in the meantime

betty

ADB said...

I only just started reading your journal on AOL when they forced this move upon us. Looking forward to more!

Guido

Ken Riches said...

Hey DB, glad that you are here, and obviously doing well and not stressing. I know that I have already found some things that I like better, especially Google Reader. It is still a pain to review both AOL via alerts and Blogger, but know that this is for less than 30 days now :o)

Welcome my friend.

Lori said...

I've gotcha at my blog.