WEEKEND CONTEST ANSWER
Hitch up the teams.
What teams do the following letters represent?
There was only one contestant, Val of the Blogspot Tigers. so by default she wins the shocking pink plastic ampersand. &
Her first 6 answers agreed with mine
1. A & C Abbot & Costello
2. B & B Barnum & Bailey
3. G & S Gilbert & Sullivan
4. GB & GA George Burns & Gracie Allen
5. L & H Laurel & Hardy
6. LR & T Lone Ranger & Tonto
Then she got biblical whereas all my references were in show business
7. M & L she gave me Martha & Lazarus, where I wanted Martin & Lewis
8. P & T Paul & Titus where I expected Penn & Teller
9. PP & M but then she hit it right with Peter, Paul & Mary
10. RR & DE Roy Rogers & Dale Evans
11. R & M Rowan & Martin
12. W & F is the most obscure reference in the group. Val tried Wells & Fargo, Wilma & Fred. Nice try. I was looking for Webber & Fields, the longest running comedy duo in Show Business. Fields daughter Sally Fields kept up the tradition.
Thank you Val.