Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Verse From A Vagabond's Song

A man cannot live without a permanent trust in something indestructible in himself.

Franz Kafka
***************************
Let me tread patiently along the road I'm on even though it is not the one I chose.
Let me walk among the trees and rest beside unknown brooks.
Let me see the stars at night and wonder on which one is my home.
Let me plow this stranger's field in peace and spend some time with my brother mouse.
Let my song be sweet but let it not interrupt the birds.
Let the wilderness with all it's dangers surround me.
Let my spirit hang like a harp on a branch and let the wind play it.
Let my tears water the ground and bring forth violets.
Let my days be wrapped in cool, soft linen and my nights fly on moth wings.
Let me sleep in comfort and dream of peacocks.
Let me see the lambs at play.
Let me gather wild ferns and flowers from the hills.
Let me fling my wrongs into the sky like sand from the desert.
Let me name the clouds as they form.
Let me be important to someone or something.
Let my final stopping place be safe.

DB - The Vagabond
*********************

7 comments:

pacifica62 said...

This is very nice db. Are you the author?

DB said...

Yes DB is the author and thank you, Pacifica

Valerie said...

I would put this on a plaque or atleast the refrigerator. LOL Very beautiful. xox

pacifica62 said...

The words that have the most impact for me are "Let me be important to someone or something". Kind of tugs a string or two in my heart. We all hope that we are important but many of us will never know if we are or not. I think I am important to my cat and he is important to me. For the record, db, you are important to me. I see you as the keeper of the curtains. Every day you open a curtain to expose a little bit of a window of life I might never have thought about.

DB said...

Thank you Pacifica. I had so few readers today I was feeling empty, but you have made up for it.

I think it would be a gift to be able to talk with you one to one someday.

Anonymous said...

Dana, well done. You never cease to amaze me. Bill

Lori said...

I really like this, DB!