Sunday, January 4, 2009

From the ancient archives

I really just want to be a warm yellow light
that pours over everyone I love.

Conner Oberst

*******************************
I spent my life as an entertainer. As an actor, the motive was to share the talent and ability I was blessed with and the craft and experience I developed, to touch people's hearts and minds, to heal.

Now, since I can't work any more, due to illness, I am trying to do the same things through my writing. I try to share my thoughts and feelings, my impressions and lessons, and, though the payback is sparse, I seem to keep doing it.

But I'm pushed down hard with the burdens of sickness, pain, poverty, debt, threats and other troubles. And one day I will stop. It's inevitable.

One of these days I'm gonna set my burdens down.
One of these days, Lord, I'm gonna set my burdens down.
One of these days I'm gonna set my burdens down,
And carry my song away.

The Vagabond

6 comments:

Ken Riches said...

You know how I feel dear friend :o)

betty said...

you know DB, you never know for sure the impact your words make on people's lives; look at Jesus; his payback was very sparse at the time; people rejected him, mocked him, killed him, but look at what his life/death's impact is for everybody's people's eternity! either way, whether a person believes in him or doesn't believe in him, their eternity is impacted by his life

so you might not get a lot of people commenting on journal entries, you might not get feedback, you certainly won't get any monetary value for writing (journals at least) but you are impacting people in your writing. There could be lurkers out there that don't publicly follow your journal but enjoy your words and philosophy; there could be others who publicly follow but sometimes just don't know what to comment, but read every entry

so you just push on and do the best you can as long as you can; I think its called life, and I think no matter what our fields, what our talents, etc. we keep living it the best we can with what has been given to us by God

and take care of yourself......winter, cold temperature, not feeling well does play havoc on one's moods for sure

betty

Big Mark 243 said...

first, when did you start follow conor oberst? he is quite the musician, indie darling, he!

One day, you are going to stop. Why worry? It isn't your call, so make the choice to share and to live with what you have.

Be well.

salemslot9 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
salemslot9 said...

someone in our family
had a boy last October
his named is Connor
different spelling, I know

I guess you have to
write for yourself, first
for as long as you can...

Breezy said...

I always enjoy your entries, even though I keep having to play catch up because of my crazy schedule, but here I am catching up on them. Taking in all the little pearls of wisdom you share!!