Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's A Mole Hill

Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn.

Arthur Golden
******************
A good Sunday morning to all my readers and to all my nonreaders.

Let's face it every day is a disaster. To one degree or another today was a complete bust. Things exploded, or they imploded. Things broke down and refused to get fixed. Other things don't work right. Things don't go the way you want them to or expect them to. You tried, you failed. So what's the solution? The solution is to throw up your hands in despair and admit your failure, your ignorance and your inability to do anything right and give up.

Until tomorrow.

I used to have an early morning radio program in a big city. I went on the air before most of my listeners were awake. As they slowly roused themselves from their sleeping mode they relied on me to tell them what day it was, what time it was, what the weather forecast was for the day, what happened in the rest of the world while they slept, etc. I would also remind them frequently that they had another chance to be brilliant and do great things. I would pepper my announcements by saying "Thank heaven we have another day on our hands." Then, since I was in a big city with a lot of commerce going on I would say things like "Make that sale." "Win that case." "Pass that test." Or "Sign that contract."

People would often write and tell me how much they appreciated that gentle boot in the rear as they were getting ready to leave the home and head out into the jungle.

When you get up tomorrow remember that you have another day on your hands, and make a mole hill out of that mountain of trouble you made last week.

DB - The Vagabond
**********************
Weekend Puzzle

2 items are missing from the following sequence. What are they?
You may listen to the radio while you solve it, if you wish.

JAM
J
JASON
D

Good luck
DB
******************

4 comments:

Ken Riches said...

I think Sunday's are my favorite day, time to chill before the grind resumes.

mrs.missalaineus said...

i'm with bucko on that one!

xxalainaxx

Lisa said...

It sounds like you were quite inspirational to your listeners. I try to always realize each day is a gift and not to be wasted but sometimes...just every so often I end up throwing my hands in the air and giving up. Hopefully there will be a tomorrow when I do that.
Lisa

Sage Ravenwood said...

I always wake up thinking, "Make the most of the day in front of you." I think too many worry the past to death, or plan so far in the future, they lose the present. (Hugs)Indigo