Tuesday, April 3, 2012

End Game or Gambit

Why does it have to be the end of everything? I came here for a new beginning. The trail I was on has stopped some ways back. I can't locate it to find my way home. I'm out on the water in a row boat. The sea is calm and I've lost sight of land. I spend my days and nights in sadness, loss and fear. In my box are remembrances of a life I used to have. Where did it go? I have items saved for some things I wanted to do someday. I will never do them. What's left? Things and people slip away and are gone for ever. I have lost so much, too much. But regrets and memories I wash i didn't have. What's left of my life? Just the end game?

4 comments:

Jon said...

I know the feeling of being adrift all too well. Alone in a rowboat, amidst a heavy fog, too damn tired to take up the oars.
But dawn will come, the fog will lift, and land is definitely in sight. ROW!

Bookncoffee said...

Hang in there! Sometimes we just have to hang on for an hour, then another, then maybe a day...then suddenly the sun shines again.

Valerie said...

I am sending you hugs from afar and saying prayers for you right now. Sorry it is so hard right now. My email box is always open for you... xx

Arlene (AJ) said...

Make your motto to never give up but, instead look forward to what tomorrow can offer. It's up to us alone to strive for a better day and not give up. You can do it dear.