Saturday, March 20, 2010

Brian 4

Brian Tames The Lion
Part 4
by DB

“WHAT?” Sylvia was almost screaming. “Who are they?” She grabbed the papers she had and turned them over looking for the list of the Board.

“All good people.”

“All good people? Mr. Sim what have you done to this theatre?”

“Sims.”

“I’m not letting this go down. Who the hell do you think you are? You have no right to come in here and rearrange everything. Fire the Board of Directors behind my back. Let Jeffry go. Pick you own stupid juvenile choice of plays and start auditioning strangers.”

“I’m the Artistic Director.”

“Artistic Director my ass. You’re a rude kid fresh out of college who thinks he knows something. Well, let me quickly inform you Mr. Sim, Dim, Dimwit or whatever your name is, I’m going to see you out of here in a big hurry. There's the door. Go through it.”

“It’s Mr. Sims and it’s too late. I have a contract.”

“Contracts can be broken.”

“If you try to do that we will both spend a lot of time in court, because I will fight it, and neither of us will get any theatre done.” There was a pause. “It’s a good solid contract.”

“I don't care. You're a punk kid and you're not going to have the final word on everything.”

“I should hope not.”

“Good. Now about this schedule....”

“Most of those things have been decided upon before you came and are already in the works.”

“Indeed?”

“Yes.”

“And just what genius decided on them, you I suppose?”

“I did, with the help and blessings of the Board.”

“The new Board, of your handpicked cronies.”

“No Ms. DeLanne. The old Board.” Brian couldn’t resist. “Of your handpicked cronies.” He smiled a friendly smile.

(To be continued.)

2 comments:

Ken Riches said...

A young wippersnapper against a prima dona. I can almost see the fireworks.

salemslot9 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.