Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Brian 8

Brian Tames The Lion
Part 8

Sylvia stared at Brian for a moment and then, in a voice loaded with quiet threat said "Is this a joke Mr. Sim, because if it is it isn't funny."

"It's no joke, Ms DeLanne. The Lion is a big role and an important one. It isn't a children's show lion. It takes real acting ability. You're a dancer. The lion's role is delivered completely by movement. You would add so much to the part. And, quite frankly Ms Delanne, there is no one else in the company who could play it.

Sylvia was now staring into space. After a considerable pause she shook her head and said "I don't think so Mr. Sim. I've played a lot of strange characters in my day but I've never played an animal."

Brian chuckled and said "It's a challenge, that's for sure."

"Yes, I know, but...(sigh). I don't know."

"Well, I'm going to go with this other actress for The Seagull. You will be splendid as Linda Loman, I know it, and in the other roles as they come along. Who knows, you might even like A Pinch In Time. It's very funny."

"I doubt it."

"Well, Androcles will be coming up soon and I would like to get it cast. I hate to go outside the company to find another good Lion.

"I'll thin about it Mr. Sim."

"Great. Please pick up a script from Alice on your way out. And when you've read it I would welcome a suggestion as to who you think would be the best to play opposite you as Androcles."

"All right Mr. Sim."

"Sims."

"Sims?"

"Yes."

"Pleasure Mr. Sims." Without another word Sylvia left, closing the door behind her.

Brian went back to his desk, took out his pen and checked something off on his clip board.

The End

1 comment:

Ken Riches said...

Finally, Mr. Sims :o)