Monday, March 22, 2010

Brian 6

Brian Tames The lion
Part 6

"Before I met you, Ms DeLanne, I was hoping that you would be helpful and bring ideas to me instead of trying to disrupt everything I've done so far."

"I'm listening."

"The Board told me how knowledgeable and important you were to the theatre. And they did give me some background about the early days in the coffee shop. I heard about the night the lights went out all over the area and you had to play with candles and flashlights."

"Yes, se did."

"They told me about strangers wandering onto the stage while the performance was going on."

Sylvia laughed "I forgot about that. From the alley."

"They said you all got arrested one night?"

"No the police came, but they couldn't find anything to arrest us for."

"Oh."

"Some fool of a neighbor reported us for something." Sylvia laughed at the memory.

Brian laughed, then said "The Board had nothing but high praise for your work both artistic and administrative."

"Well, good. Does that mean you're not going to try to fire me Sim?"

"If I have to. But as a matter of fact I had something else in mind."

"Oh, really." It was not a question.

(To be continued.)

1 comment:

Ken Riches said...

The bait has been cast, ready to set the hook.