WEEKEND PUZZLE ANSWER
Here are some well known issues as if they were reported by the modern news media. What are they?
2 contestants - 1 winner. Sue Hertz of the Blogspot Tigers wins the grand prize of a slightly dented water pail.
1. Last night while the occupants were asleep an intruder entered the house somehow and left behind some suspicious looking boxes. The FBI is investigating.
Twas the night before Christmas.
2. Instead of remaining by the river two youngsters stupidly thought they would try their luck further up. They both toppled off a cliff, which served them right. The boy is listed in serious condition. Doctors have not as yet reported on the girl.
Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water.
3. Responding to complaints police found a man in the middle of town hiding under a tree and making a horrible noise banging pieces of metal together.
Under the spreading chestnut tree the village smithy stood,
4. Police report that a mad man came speeding through the city in the middle of the night shouting at people to load their rifles.
Listen my children and you shall hear the midnight ride of Paul Revere
5. Parents in this community are very distraught. An itinerant worker, in a dispute over wages, has been kidnapping their children. Amber alerts have gone out all around the area. None of the children have yet been located.
The Pied Piper of Hamiln
6. There was a standoff between the two gangs at the stream. Witnesses say it might have ended peacefully except that one guy fired off his rifle. A fight ensued.
By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April’s breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood,
And fired the shot heard round the world.