Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Merry Maneuver 5/13/09

When your dad is mad and asks you "Do I look stupid?" don't answer him.

Michael (age 4)
**************
Enter please
------------------


A Fantasy
in one act


DAD Do I look stupid?

SON (No reply)

D Answer me.

S Yes, Dad.

D Oh, so you think I'm stupid.

S No, I mean no Dad.

D So you think I'm smart.

S Yes, Dad.

D So if I'm the smart one, what does that make you?

S Uh, I don't know.

D It makes you the stupid one. Right.

S I guess so. I don't know.

D What do you mean you don't know?

S Well, if I'm the stupid one then I guess I don't know if I'm stupid.

D Are you trying to get smart with me?

S No Dad.

D Don't get smart with me?

S No Dad.

D So if I'm the smart one and you're the stupid one, what are you going to do about it?

S I don't know, Dad.

D You're going to get smart.

S I am?

D Yes.

S But you just told me not to get smart.

D I did not.

S Yes you did.

D Don't argue with me.

S No Dad.

D I want you to start growing up and getting smart, like me.

S Yes Dad.

D Yes what?

S Like you, I should start growing up and getting smart.

D (No reply)


Curtain


DB
______________
Distribute some joy today.
Yes Dad.
*****************

5 comments:

Char said...

So cute. One of life's biggest lessons is to keep mum when anyone ask that question!

Sage Ravenwood said...

I know quite a few adults who still need to grow up and get smart (some common sense at the least). (Hugs)Indigo

Ken Riches said...

Yes, Son gets the last true word :o)

Beth said...

But I still don't know who's on first....

;)

Rose~* said...

Honey, does this dress make me look fat? - ask a loaded question and you never know how to reply. I wondered why the son didn't tell his father that they could BOTH be the smart ones.