Sunday, January 4, 2009

From the ancient archives

We die daily. Happy those who come to life as well.


George MacDonald

*********************************
Every day is a disaster, to one degree or another. Things explode, or they implode. Things break down and refuse to get fixed. Other things don't work right. Things don't go the way you want them to or expect them to. You tried, you failed. So what's the solution? The solution is: tomorrow.

I used to have an early morning radio program in a big city. I went on the air before most of my listeners were awake. As they came to they relied on me to tell them what day it was, what time it was, what the weather forecast was for the day, etc. I would also remind them frequently that they had another chance to do great things. I would pepper my announcements by saying "Thank heaven we have another day on our hands." Then, since I was in a big city with a lot of commerce going on I would say things like "Make that sale!" "Win that case!" "Pass that test!" "Sign that contract!"

People would often write and tell me how much they appreciated that gentle boot in the rear as they were getting ready to leave the home and head out into the jungle.

When you get up tomorrow remember that you have another day on your hands, and make a mole hill out of that mountain you made today.


DB - The Vagabond

7 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

180 turn from your last entry.

Ken Riches said...

One day at a time, trying to live it to its fullest is the best remedy for what ever ails you :o)

betty said...

we still need that gentle boot in our rear DB, so keep on writing!!! you do make an impact in people's lives

betty

Arlene (AJ) said...

Through so much that has happened in our lives, I've learned to apprecite today and look forward to tomorrow and allow myself to smile. Makes my life easier, so I'm grateful for my chance to enjoy another tomorrow.

Lisa said...

Great entry & wise words. I need to remember this, sometimes the day is so overwhelming it seems tomorrow is never going to come.

I bet your listeners did enjoy your show.

Breezy said...

Reminds me of the quote:

Settle with the past
Engage in the present
Believe in the future.

I find myself leaning towards believe in the future a lot to give me encouragement to make it through some days.. especially when things are exploding and implodeing at work!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.